BLM Wave of the Future
Cascade Sports Black Lives Matter
Wave of the Future 2021 Classic
@ LEE’S SUMMIT NORTH HS
|Time||Pre-game Interviews||Start of Game|
|9:00AM||Class of 2021|
|10:00AM||Class of 2025||Class of 2021|
|11:00AM||Class of 2024||Class of 2025|
|12:00PM||Class of 2023||Class of 2024|
|1:00PM||Class of 2022||Class of 2023|
|2:00PM||Class of 2022|
Black Lives Matter Wave Of The Future Classic
|9:00 AM - Pre-game interviews|
|10:00 AM - Start of game|
- JACK CHAPMAN, BLUE VALLEY NORTHWEST KS, 6’7”. committed to UMKC.
Wind says, “Great consistent effort every time out and made winning decisions and plays for a championship program as a 4-year starter. Once Chap cracks the 8-man rotation for the K-Roo’s, the BVNW faithful will come out and support him.”
- ANTHONY HALL, PARK HILL MO, 6’4”. uncommitted.
Wind says, “Long and bouncy with lots of athlete and a wonderful perimeter game. This could be a nice walk-through for Anthony for incoming college coaches scouting.”
- TAYT HARBOUR, BISHOP MIEGE KS, 7’3”. committed to Olney JC IL.
Wind says, “This will be the tallest phenom in the event, and perhaps the tallest in the 21st century provided we can host another 79 of them. He had an almost career ending injury, then gained weight and lost most of it. Has worked REALLY hard to put himself in position at Olney.”
- NATHAN JOHNSON, KANSAS CITY WASHINGTON KS, 6’4”. uncommitted.
Wind says, “Had a really good run down the stretch this past March with the Wildcats. Big time athlete with the body deluxe, he LOOKS like what every area JC coach on both the Kansas and the Missouri side is looking for in players."
- ISAIAH MAYO, LAWRENCE KS, 6’3”. committed to South Dakota State.
Wind says, “Supreme scorer and a big-time steal from the candy jar for SDSU. Probably has the one quarter all time state history scoring record in KS, I think it was 34 in one quarter?? Could have easily been a Wichita State Shocker type of player. KC area fans will love him!”
- ANDREW ORR, BLUE VALLEY NORTH KS, 6’8”. committed to Washburn.
Wind says, “Just like Mayo, the Ichabod’s stole one here. 6’8” does not grow on trees. Wonderful attitude, long and bouncy and skilled enough to make an instant impact in Topeka.”
- JAYLEN POUNCIL, KANSAS CITY SOUTHEAST MO, 5’11”. uncommitted.
Wind says, “Nice hidden gem sleeper in the KC metro area. Super productive on both ends of the floor at SW for the past 2 years. Nice upside.”
- PRESTON REYNOLDS, SHAWNEE MISSION EAST KS, 6’4”. committed to Benedictine.
Wind says, “I call him ‘Surfer Boy’ and when you see the hair, you’ll know why. Very versatile in the backcourt and makes everyone around him better on the floor. Great character.”
- KEYREN SPILLER, KANSAS CITY CENTER MO, 6’4”. uncommitted.
Wind says, “This multiple sport star athlete has the attitude and the body and the character to rise above the rest and be the quintessential all-star player at Lee’s Summit North High School on June 12.”
- LONDON TAYLOR, KANSAS CITY CENTER MO, 6’2”. uncommitted.
Wind says, “Really long and bouncy with supreme explosive ability with the basketball in the open floor. Just like Hall, if London can turn the heads of the college coaches on June 12, he can make some money!”
- WILL TOWNSEND, SHAWNEE MISSION EAST KS, 6’7”. committed to Pensacola Junior College FL.
Wind says, “A true gym rat, he just loves the game. Been to every event possible over the past 6 years. Worked his way from a post player to eventually a pure 3 man in Florida. Really good."
- BRANDON WATKINS, KEARNEY MO, 5’11”. committed to VMI.
Wind says, “I think I told him this. He has got the attitude and the discipline to make it at VMI and boy oh boy can he score it. I have seen him make 7 treys in one game … in a row! Trey balls will be ‘cascading’ from the rafters."
- LIAM WEAVER, PEMBROKE HILL MO, 6’3”. committed to Richmond.
Wind says, “One of my favorite players in the metro KC area. Really blew up big time last Summer with Marcus Denmon AAU. He is so balanced and well-rounded with everything. Good student with the body, the skills, and the athlete to be a serious player at the Spiders!"
- NAJEE WILLIAMS, INDEPENDENCE TRUMAN MO, 6’4”. committed to Springfield Link Prep Academy MO.
Wind says, “Big time athlete with a genuinely nice stroke from deep and INCREDIBLY talented. If he works like he can and gets stuff done at Springfield, he makes a fine mid D1 player.”
Elijah Betts, Lincoln College Preparatory Academy, 5'9". uncommitted.
"His passing ability and transition game with the ball stands out the most. he brought a lot to the table from the lead guard spot good defender with a knack for getting steals and deflections.
Black Lives Matter Wave Of The Future Classic
|1:00 PM - Pre-game interviews|
|2:00 PM - Start of game|
- BRADEN APPLEHANS, BLUE SPRINGS MO, 6’7”.
Wind says, “Not many Under Armour teams like KC Run GMC have two better wings than Gradey and Braden, Braden is the lefty playing for that highly esteemed AAU club. His jump shot has improved bit by bit over the past 18 months and he’s always been able to bang it down with ease at the rim. Multiple mid D1 offers with high D1s looking on intently. Could be!”
- CHRISTIAN BOWEN-WEBB, BISHOP MIEGE KS, 6’2”.
Wind says, “He’s played in the shadows of really good players over on Reinhardt with first Jeremiah Robinson-Earl and now Mark Mitchell and Taj Manning. CB-W is a natural scorer, gets the ball to the rim with reckless abandon and shoots it well from the mid-range. He needs to become a pure point guard at 6’2” and his ability to do that will be critical.”
- JORDAN BROWN, BASEHOR-LINWOOD KS, 6’4”.
Wind says, “Plays AAU with YOBO and he’s a coach’s son as his dad Troy is the head coach at St. Mary in Leavenworth. Really good shooter deep from the trey line and sneaky good in the open floor and to the rim. Missouri State has offered, I think he can be a surprisingly good Missouri Valley Conference player in short order, should have more offers coming from that conference.”
- ZAID DAJANI, OLATHE NORTHWEST KS, 6’4”.
Wind says, “Could well be our MOST IMPROVED player in the state over the past 12 months. Plays AAU for SSA Elite and former SM South and Kansas State star point guard Will Spraddling. ZD was long and gangly a year ago, now he’s long and terrific to the rim in the open floor. Shoots it well. Long and can guard either guard spot. Really good student with terrific upside. Love his game.”
- GRADEY DICK, WICHITA SUNRISE ACADEMY KS, 6’7”. committed to Kansas.
Wind says, “One of the few Midwest players already verballed. He has a hand injury he is thinking will be cleared to play and ready to go for June 12. It is amazing how vertical he got to the rim almost overnight a couple of years back. He can now think the game at a high D1 level AND play AT the rim at a high D1 level. Great combination. Why he’s heading to Kansas.”
- MOZAE DOWNING-RIVERS, LAWRENCE FREE STATE KS, 6’3”.
Wind says, “Might be the best on-ball defender in the state of Kansas! He and Cooper Jackson give the Firebirds a wonderful defensive backcourt. Plays for KC Run GMC and his granddaddy (Chick Downing) is the patriarch of one of Kansas all time basketball families. He’s got to decide if he wants to play the shooting guard position or become a pure point guard.”
- IKENNA EZEOGU, BLUE SPRINGS MO, 6’6”.
Wind says, “Big Ike is a stud physically around the paint and plays AAU for YOBO. Lots of upside with the ability to score the basketball down on the low block, his ability to consistently shoot the ball with range from 15 foot and beyond will decide whether he’s a high D2 player or a Missouri Valley Conference player.”
- TAJ MANNING, BISHOP MIEGE KS, 6’7”.
Wind says, “Taj transferred a year ago from Kansas City Grandview on the Missouri side. He plays for KC Run GMC. He has multiple high D1 offers so I’m not sure why people think he’s a mid-major D1 player. Just a smidgen undersized but really long and really a good defender. As he continues to improve that jump shot range, watch out!”
- JULIAN MARGRAVE, LOUISBURG KS, 6’9”.
Wind says, “Long and a really good stretch-4 because there aren’t many guards in the state that shoot it as well deep as Julian does, much less at 6’9”. He plays for KC Run GMC. Great kid, gym rat, as his body matures in the weight room and he gets athletically more explosive, mid D1+.”
- MARK MITCHELL, BISHOP MIEGE KS, 6’8”.
Wind says, “Had surgery on his right arm about two weeks ago. A cast on that arm will keep him from playing in the game. Top 30 player nationally by most standards with UCLA, USC, Duke, and North Carolina leading the way (25 high D1 offers). Long and athletic and skilled, MM is a wonderfully talented young man.”
- DEUCE ROBERTS, LEE’S SUMMIT ST. MICHAEL ARCHANGEL, 6’6”.
Wind says, “Long and skilled and can become a really good player. I like that he can guard multiple positions. Great kid with a great attitude. Plays really hard. Plays AAU for YOBO, night and day worlds from Michael to YOBO. But he thrives and gets better and if he does the right things in July and plays well, he’ll have at least mid D1 schools involved in the recruiting process.”
- AIDEN SHAW, BLUE VALLEY, 6’8”.
Wind says, “Used to play for KC Run GMC, now he plays for MoKan. AS has maybe 20 high D1 offers, and his upside is UNLIMITED. Forget for a minute what he is right now (and he is pretty darn good right now), it’s much more about Aiden Shaw in two years from now that could make him the best player on this roster. Can guard 3s-4s-5s with equal ability. Consistent shooting skills could make him an NBA player in time!”
- SAM SOMERHALDER, ST. JAMES ACADEMY, 6’7”.
Wind says, “He’s really long with good ball skills and can play above the rim with good bang downs. He plays for Team KC and getting to play in the best league in Kansas (EKL) does not hurt him any. Supreme young man with great character. As his jump shot becomes more consistently deadly with more range, mid D1+ is possible.”
- BENNETT STIRTZ, LIBERTY, 6’3”.
Wind says, “His dad Roger is the head coach at Liberty, and he is as fundamental as the day is long. Plays AAU for 816 Varsity Sports. Can probably play the 1-2-3 next year as a senior, probably needs to become a pure point guard. Might have had a grandfather I think it was that played at Kansas State. I’m thinking more like low to mid D1 and the Missouri Valley Conference for his upside.”
- LANDON WAGLER, SHAWNEE MISSION NORTHWEST, 6’5”.
Wind says, “Really solid junior year at SM NW HS, David Burch has done an incredible job with that program. Wags is a good player. Plays for the MoKan JV team. Great kid with great character. Long and a good shooter deep with nice bang at the rim. Might only be D2, but I think with his work ethic and relentless effort, low D1s will offer in time.”
- NAHCS WAHWASSUCK, HOYT ROYAL VALLEY KS, 6’5”.
Wind says, “One of my favorite juniors in the state of KS averaging almost 25 points per game in 3A competition. Plays AAU for SSA Elite Black. When he was young, he was a deep shooter and a dunker. Now today, his #1 skill is his ability to make others better and see the floor to make the special pass. He is really crafty, AND a warrior physically. Could be a big-time collegian some day!”
- DALLAS WHITNEY, BLUE SPRINGS SOUTH MO, 6’5”.
Wind says, “Long and bouncy with lots of athlete and upside. If he grows another 2-3 inches in the next 2 years, that will help him out immensely. Nice low D1+”
Black Lives Matter Wave Of The Future Classic
|12:00 PM - Pre-game interviews|
|1:00 PM - Start of game|
- WINSTON ALLEN, KANSAS CITY OAK PARK MO 6’3”.
Wind says, “I think playing for YOBO, he’s long and athletic and explosive in the open floor, nice sleeper.”
- MARQUESS BELL, PARK HILL MO 6’1”.
Wind says, “Playing for KC Run GMC, he is smooth and left-handed with a nice jumper and a solid overall floor game.”
- CAHMAI CROSBY, PARK HILL SOUTH MO 6’3”.
Wind says, “Plays for KC Run GMC, perhaps the best player in his class in metro KC. Long and a superb deep shooter.”
- KYAN EVANS, STALEY MO 6’1”.
Wind says, “KE gives CC a run for his money. Plays for MoKan and he’s a stellar performer. Plays either guard spot equally well.”
- KAYDEN FISH, STALEY MO 6’6”.
Wind says, “I call him the Whale! One of my favorite players in the area. Plays for MoKan. Got really athletic in the past 12 months. Strong and physical.”
- JACK GOGUE, RICHMOND MO 6’8”.
Wind says, “I had to find somebody to match up with the Whale. Plays for Mentality at 255 pounds, he’s got a chance. Huge frame. Very productive.”
- BRIAN HAWTHORNE, ST. JAMES ACADEMY KS 6’3”.
Wind says, “Plays for Drive 5. Strong and very fundamental, a good shooter with the upside to grow more and excel.”
- DAVID MAYO, LEE’S SUMMIT WEST MO 6’4”.
Wind says, “Plays for Mentality and I really took a liking to this athletic slasher the first time I laid eyes on his game. Really bouncy.”
- DILLON MONG, SHAWNEE MISSION EAST KS 6’7”.
Wind says, “Plays for KC Run GMC and he’s one of the most improved in this class. Long and really strokes it well deep.”
- WILL MYLNEK, SHAWNEE MISSION SOUTH KS, 6’9”.
Wind says, “Plays for Drive 5 and he’s a big strong physical presence. Good hands and good upside. Playing in an iconic program.”
- KYLE POCK, BOLIVAR MO 6’7”.
Wind says, “A really good player. Plays for MoKan and he does it well to a high D1 level. Shoots it, handles it, rebounds it.”
- WILL ROST, ST. THOMAS AQUINAS KS 6’4”.
Wind says, “Plays for KC Run GMC. This is your designated zone buster, a REALLY good trey range shooter and a coach’s son.”
- GRANT STUBBLEFIELD, BLUE VALLEY NORTHWEST KS 5’10”.
Wind says, “Got a lot done this season for Ed Fritz. Plays crafty and produces numbers. Plays for Drive 5.”
- AIDEN SULLIVAN, OLATHE NORTHWEST KS 6’8”.
Wind says, “Plays for Drive 5 AAU. Long and very skilled with great upside. Chronic injuries have limited him. Great kid.”
- JAILEN THOMPSON, LAWRENCE FREE STATE KS 6’5”.
Wind says, “Plays for Drive 5 AAU and he started producing nicely for Sam Stroh and the Firebirds. Nice prospect.”
Black Lives Matter Wave Of The Future Classic
|11:00 AM - Pre-game interviews|
|12:00 PM - Start of game|
- CHARLIE CARROLL, SHAWNEE MISSION EAST, 6’4”.
Wind says, “Good skills and length with a great gym rat mentality, he just needs continued coaching and experience.”
- GAVIN HOFFMAN, BLUE VALLEY NORTHWEST, 6’4”.
Wind says, “Really good skills and poise and he loves to compete. Even in the post Ed Fritts era, he’ll be a D1 player at some level. Run GMC.”
- ZAKSTON KING, LAWRENCE, 6’1”.
Wind says, “Didn’t play varsity this year, the Chesty Lions were loaded. But he was probably the best JV player in the state. Really good. Plays for MoKan.”
- JAXON KLEIN, BLUE VALLEY NORTHWEST, 6’4”.
Wind says, “Didn’t play varsity this year, BVNW was loaded. Plays for KC Spurs. Long pretty bouncy and finishes at the rim well. Good prospect.”
- DAVID LABIN, DESOTO, 5’8”.
Wind says, “Supremely quick and productive in the open floor with unbelievable skills and the ability to finish. REALLY shoots it well. If he grows…”
- AIDAN LAWLOR, KANSAS CITY BARSTOW, 6’4”.
Wind says, “Good player. Nice body. Very productive. Played quite a bit of varsity basketball as a freshman. Nice athlete.”
- WYATT LEWIS, ST. THOMAS AQUINAS, 6’1”.
Wind says, “Playing for MoKan’s JV team, this dude is supremely athletic at the rim. Lots of upside if he grows. Could be a dandy!”
- T. J. MARSHALL, INDEPENDENCE TRUMAN, 6’2”.
Wind says, “Truman was so good and experienced at the varsity level, a la Lawrence, Marshall may have been the best JV player on the Missouri side.”
- BRYCE MITCHELL, RAYMORE PECULIAR, 6’4”.
Wind says, “Loved him in November, love him in June. Left-handed and skilled with a nice shooting touch and nice bounce at the rim. A KC Spur!”
- HOWARD PEOPLES, KANSAS CITY SUMNER, 6’3”.
Wind says, “Long and bouncy, a great kid and a productive double digit varsity starter at Sumner. Plays for KC Spurs. Good shooter.”
- JAYDEN RENFROW, LEE’S SUMMIT ST. MICHAEL ARCHANGEL, 6’7”.
Wind says, “He’d be a strong candidate as the best player coming into this game with a tremendous varsity season as a freshman. Long and skilled. MoKan.”
- ANDREW SPRAGUE, KANSAS CITY ROCKHURST, 6’8”.
Wind says, “Playing for KC Run GMC, he’s long and pretty skilled with a really strong body. I think he plays himself into a rotational player in 2022.”
- KALE STAATS, ST. THOMAS AQUINAS, 6’0”.
Wind says, “Really fundamental and probably the best and most consistent trey shooter in this game. If they don’t guard him, he could put up some numbers.”
- CHAZ WATSON, LEE’S SUMMIT WEST, 6’3”.
Wind says, “Big time athlete with a really nice body and good skills. They always have good talent over there and Watson does not change that."
Black Lives Matter Wave Of The Future Classic
|10:00 AM - Pre-game interviews|
|11:00 AM - Start of game|
- CORBIN ALLEN, KANSAS CITY OAK PARK MO 6’3”.
Wind says, “Long and skilled and one of the top players in the KC metro area. Incredibly talented.”
- ANDREW BABALOA, ST. THOMAS AQUINAS KS 6’7”.
Wind says, “Big thick wide bodied big man with enough skill and athlete, if he grows, WATCH out!”
- TYSON BAUMGARDNER, TOPEKA KS 6’2”.
Wind says, “Dad played at Emporia. Coach’s son. Good skills with a high basketball IQ. Nice upside.”
- MAX BETTIS, TOPEKA WASHBURN RURAL KS 6’3”.
Wind says, “He’s a twin and a really skilled prospect with big hands and good feet. Could be a load.”
- JAYLIN BURNETT, PARK HILL SOUTH MO 6’2”.
Wind says, “In the running for the best 2025 POY candidate with length-athlete-skill looks like a stud!”
- CHASE CAMPBELL, OLATHE WEST KS 6’4”.
Wind says, “Great size-character with enough skill to be a dangerous BB player or TE-DE on the football field.”
- CALEB ESTES, KANSAS CITY OAK PARK MO 5’11”.
Wind says, “Sleek but very bouncy and athletic in the open floor with enough skill to be dangerous.”
- ZAID FREEMAN, ST. THOMAS AQUINAS KS 6’2”.
Wind says, “Supreme stroke from deep with enough size-athlete to be a really top-notch performer.”
- WILL GOODE, ST. THOMAS AQUINAS KS 6’8”.
Wind says, “Great kid with nice hands and feet. Really good shooting stroke. Could be #1 in time easily”
- PHILIP MOORE, KANSAS CITY PIPER KS 5’7”.
Wind says, “Dynamic little player, might be the smallest in the event. But good toughness-skills-athlete.
- BAYLOR RANK, BLUE VALLEY SOUTHWEST KS 5’10”.
Wind says, “Left-handed and a really good shooter with good skills and a coach’s son mentality.”
- BROGAN ROWLEY, ELL SALINE KS 6’4”.
- AVIAN WEBB, NORTH KANSAS CITY MO 5’11”.
Wind says, “Elite point guard skills and gene pool with the ability to be a big-time player in short order.”
- XAVIER WILSON, STALEY MO 6’4”.
Wind says, “Love his game, the body won’t quit, with good bounce at the rim and he plays really hard with skills.”
- DALLAS WINDA. INDEPENDENCE TRUMAN MO 5’11” .
Wind says, “Tough physical pure point guard skills with athlete and lots of ability.”
Wind says, “Nice range-size with the ability to bounce it down with ease and a good jump shooter as well.”
- Each game will have 2 12-minute quarters played using standard HS rules with 1 timeout per Quarter.
- We expect each team to have 8-9 players on each team.
- Each team will have an appointed ASG coach, a coach with an outstanding track record.
- You will receive a T-shirt with a number on it (cost at or under $15.00), it will be yours to keep. ⦁
- Games will be officiated by local HS registered competent officials, a 3-man crew.
- Parents-students-fans will be able to attend for a ticket purchase at the door of $5.00.
- An announcer-timer-score keeper has been appointed for each game.
- A certified trainer will be on hand for each game of the day.
- Bottled water will be available for players/coaches.